Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Chemical Brothers...thankin' you

So while the jury is still out on HANNA(its action was INSANE and it kept me in my seat the whole time, and yet I still left wondering WTF to a lot of the story ploy or lack there of in some parts) But what I can say about HANNA with no hesitation, is that the soundtrack was AMAZIN!'


I recently became slightly obsessed with TRON: LEGACY sountrack, to whic I still am loving Daft Punk. But The Chemical Brothers threw in all kinds of crazy mixes that make you yourself wanna go out and assasinate all kinds of special ops/run a marathon/do something totally illegal 'cause the music just gets your heart racing in a good way.


If I could describe it, I would say its music is a repetive beat of sexy/tech rock. I dunno if that makes sense, but that seems to be the underlying tone of the show.


In HANNA, her dad (played by the always super deletable Eric Bana) says that music is,


"a combination of sounds with a view to beauty of form and expression of emotion."


Totally Eric, totally. This soundtrack epitomizes this definition. I totally gave in and spent $10 on iTunes to satisfy my craving for my newest running mix. Awwww yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment