Sunday, March 6, 2011

Daniel Day-licious!!!

Daniel Day-Lewis is my dream man...You may think differently when you see the below image, but people...you have no idea how crazy talented this hot British/Irish man is!

My love affair with Daniel began my Junior year in highschool. I had to read 'The Crucible' in Honors English. We also got to watch the movie as we were going through Authur Miller's play. When I first got a glimpse of John Proctor, I thought, "who the %^$* is that?" I was blown away by his dreaminess and his acting skills. I to this day find the last 15 minutes of 'The Crucible' to be one of the most romantic/heartbreaking scenes out there. Look it up folks-Joan Allen and Daniel Day-Lewis sharing their final moments together-AMAZING...This show led me on a quest. I decided to look up this said 'John Proctor' and find out what else he was in. I found out that he was in 'Last of the Mohicans.' I decided to Blockbuster it and give it a looksy. Nathaniel Poe sealed the deal for me. Not only was he smokin' hot in it, he was crazy intense (waterfall scene-holla!) After that my highschool resolution was to see every Daniel Day-Lewis movie. And yes, I completed it with flying colors.

I may come off as a bit of a stalker-perhaps. But I could also be considered an appreciator of God's creatures-DDL being one of them. DDL is an amazing actor who is one of those excentric types where he gets all crazy in his roles. Which I think is super sezzzzy. When he plays a character he takes on that persona. As Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting he would stay in his NY accent all day and sharpen knives between takes. (I talk about it as if I was there-I wish!) Talk about dedicated to his craft. I still love him when he is rocking plaid from head to toe. He is over 6 feet of talented hotness. He can play it all-a cerebral palsy- stricken painter, oil tycoon, whiteman-turned Native American, city thug/butcher, convicted hippie, infatuated lover...which leads me to the excitement that is his newest role- ABRAHAM LINCOLN!
I am pretty stoked about this:
Reason 1) Steven Spielberg is directing it, so it is sure to be QUAL-I-TAAAAY

Reason 2) an Abraham Lincoln movie should have been done by now

Reason 3) My actor-boyfriend is gonna rock this role out! Did I mention that he is the ONLY non-American to ever win 2 Oscars? Rarrr...
Spielberg came out with this statement when DDL was cast after Liam Neeson pulled out of the role:

"Daniel Day-lewis would have always been counted as one of the greatest actors, were he from the silent era, the golden age of film, or even some time in cinema's distant future. I am grateful and inspired that our paths will finally cross in Lincoln." --Wow, flattering much?

Steven, I am ALSO very excited to see your paths cross. I will also be a very willing hostess when it comes to Oscar season that year. I anticipate nominations dripping over you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment