Saturday, March 12, 2011

How it all got Started.

So as you may already be aware I like rap music. You can't chose to like something, especially with music.  Your ear choses music for you.  It was tough for me as an awkward teen to tell people when they enquired what I was listening to.  As a well off white boi from the suburbs people kind gaff when you tell them your bumping the
10 Crack commandments by BIGGIE.  My affinity for rap began early with Will Smith but was taken to the level it currently resides @ by the Notorious BIG.  In 1998 I was 12 years old when my parents purchased me the MuchDance compilation that comes out every year.  The first track on the CD was Hypnotize.  I remember getting up early, like really early, as I tended to do on my birthday because I thoroughly enjoied receiving gifts.  I put the cd in my discman and I must have played the song on repeat 20 times in a row.  My love affair with rap was born and our relationship is stronger than ever.  March 9th marked the 14 year anniversary of the late great Notorious B.I.G.'s death.  Enjoi Hypnotize, Coogi sweaters, reverse car chases and obviously, HO's.

No comments:

Post a Comment