Sunday, March 20, 2011

Don't Hate On My Shows....




Over the last 10 years I have met a lot of people that feel they are too superior for some of the shows I enjoy watching. I am basically referring to the CARTOON GENRE.

I have literally heard some say that, 'cartoons are meants for kids' or, 'when I have kids I will watch them with them, but I think for now I'll decline your cartoon movie invite.' I'm sorry folks, but that is just plain ignorance.

Who makes cartoons, or any movie for that matter? ADULTS.

Now a days, most cartoons are more for adults anyways. Let's talk about recent films that were TOTALLY for adults:

-Toy Story 3, totally meant for adults that grew up and saw them 10 years ago
-How To Train Your Dragon-fun to watch for kids, but totally adult jokes thrown in
-MEGAMIND-that is straight up meant for adults (super hilarious) adult jokes, music is awesome (and adults will love the soundtrack), and the people voicing the characters-totally adult focused (Tina Fey, Will Farrell, Jonah Hill, David Cross, not kid appealing)

Tangled is perhaps more kid-friendly....but still very enjoyable for adults.

Let's be real, if you wait 10 years to go to the movies with your little kids (cause you're too grown up to watch cartoons now), you'll be like WTF, I missed out on alot of delightful/classic shows this whole time, what a shame. If you still believe yourself to be above my shows, I am more mature than you and don't hate on something you don't understand.

Ain't no shame in seeing cartoons people. DO NOT alienate yourself from a whole slew of great shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment