Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Want Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler

Good partner for Swagger, but better adversary?
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Steve Austin was all over RAW Monday, and while his interaction with CM Punk got all the headlines and teased everyone's sense of inner markdom, arguably his most important segment came when Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero came into his office begging for a United States Championship shot. Austin granted it to him conditionally, as long as Guerrero wouldn't accompany him to the ring for his shot. He accepted. I didn't take it for a face turn, but it was a pretty telling tease, at least at the time.

Then, in the next segment, Ziggler came out for a match, followed immediately by Jack Swagger. Not really realizing that it could have been a tag match, I got really excited, thinking they really were turning Ziggler and we were getting a match between two of the best workers in WWE today. Well, it was a tag match, and it was good, so my excitement wasn't dampened for nothing. However, watching Ziggler take Kofi down during the match with an amateur-style double-arm takeover, it did nothing to sate my thirst for a match between the two blond-haired midcard heel standouts.

We all know Swagger's amateur background. It's part of his character. We're reminded of Ziggler's time at Kent State from time to time, but it's not obnoxiously pointed out. However, that background is there. I think for that reason, the two would mesh well. Then again, I'm a mark for chain wrestling, so maybe my view is skewed. But you know what? Chain wrestling, amateur stuff and the catch-as-catch-can style is pretty neat to watch. And it's my blog.

Even after that process is over, both guys are more than capable of bringing it in the ring. Again, they're two of the best workers in the company. I'm hoping they follow through on a face turn at Capitol Punishment just so I can see this series. Call me a dork, but hey, I know what I like.

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment