Thursday, June 23, 2011

Amasis to Retire

I only planned on writing one Chikara-related entry today. With this news that has just broken, I wish I only had to write the one I was already working on.

Per Sugar Dunkerton's Twitter

Amasis, one-third of the Osirian Portal, apparently has to retire from pro wrestling. The breaking news was just relayed by his fed-mate, Sugar Dunkerton, who Tweeted a few distressing and cryptic messages about Amasis. I replied to him to see what was up, and this was his general response, since I assume I wasn't the only one:
Long story short; Amasis has to retire. Even shorter story, it sucks.
He's right, it really does suck. Hardcore.

For those who don't know, Amasis suffered injuries in a "non-wrestling" accident back in May. I never got the full extent of those injuries, mainly because they were never released. Whatever they were, they apparently are causing him to hang up the boots.

ETA: TWB and Chikara superfan and Chikarmy member Adam Arthur says he got a Chikarmy newsletter stating Amasis' injuries were from a car accident.

Anyway, my heart goes out to Amasis, to the rest of the Portal and the Chikara roster, and hopefully, whatever injuries he suffered a month or so ago aren't serious enough that they effect his quality of life going forward. We're pulling for you, Amasis. The fact that you can't lace up the boots anymore is irrelevant, at least to me. Just get healthy.

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment