Sunday, July 17, 2011

Future Endeavors 7/17 Power Poll: It's All About Destination X and RAW's Final Segment

The Most Intriguing Storyline in Wrestling, Well-Represented in This Week's Power Poll
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Welcome to yet another edition of the Future Endeavors Power Poll, a poll ranking wrestlers on a weekly basis based on how awesomely they performed or were portrayed on a Tuesday-to-Monday cycle. It is voted by a who's-who of wrestling bloggers, including my blogging Bro-ry McIlroy, PizzaBodySlam. I will list the top ten, and then post and comment on my ballot. Here goes:

1. CM Punk (Last Week: 2)
2. John Cena (1)
3. Austin Aries (NR)
4. Brian Kendrick (NR)
5. Mark Henry (7)
6. Randy Orton (3)
7. Alberto Del Rio (4)
8. Sheamus (5)
9. Christian (6)
10. Vince McMahon (NR)

And now, my ballot!

1. CM Punk - I don't feel like I need to explain this. If you need an explanation though, I'd like to congratulate you for waking up from your coma. Get well soon, and if you've been in there for seven years or longer, well, the Red Sox have won the World Series... twice. I know, shocking, right?

2. Austin Aries - I'd say I wouldn't need to explain this either, but I know that Impact is the red-headed stepchild of the wrestling world. Well no, that's not right, because that'd imply that the company didn't deserve the beating it takes on a sometimes-daily basis. Be that as it may though, A Double capped off an amazing month-long run with the Impact contract, and hopefully it means he'll get to be the star he deserves to be. That is until they pull the rug out from the X-Division again, but hey, it's good to hope, I suppose.

3. Brian Kendrick - OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER! ABYSS IS NO LONGER X-DIVISION CHAMPION! HOORAY!

4. AJ Styles - He won in the Destination X main event over his Fortune compadre, Christopher Daniels. I like AJ, I really do. In a perfect world, he'd have Sting-level fame, and I'm talking Sting in 1997, not Sting-doing-a-bad-hybrid-Heath Ledger-Jack Nicholson-impersonation in 2011.

5. Mark Henry - For the kicking of asses and the splitting of wigs, specifically the Big Show's, his own and Drew McIntyre's. Poor Drew though. He didn't even get the benefit of the giant air mattress for his fall.

6. Vince McMahon - I'd be lying if I said I didn't rank him this high because he said "LET'S HEAR IT FOR VINCE MCMAHON" again. So I won't.

7. John Cena - I docked him like two or three slots on the ballot this week because of his corny jokes to start the closing segment, but hey, he was still good mostly.

8. Daniel Bryan - Stock Daniel Bryan ranking.

9. El Generico - Steel cage win over Roderick Strong! OLE! -- EG WEB TRANSLATE

10. Jack Evans - He converted me from hater to admirer last Thursday by working a match and not thoroughly pissing me off during it. Good improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment