Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chikarasaurus Rex Weekend Is William Regal Approved

We all knew English catch-as-catch-can legends Johnny Saint and Johnny Kidd were coming to Chikara for Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Sequel weekend. Over the last couple of days, we found out what matches they'd be competing in. Here's the first, scheduled for July 30th in Reading, PA:

World of Sport!
Photo Credit: ChikaraPro.com

Holy crap, it almost makes me want to risk alienating my 6 months pregnant wife by going to Reading for that show. However, if people are giving me good advice, then I'm erring on the side of caution here, as drawing the ire of a pregnant woman really is fucking stupid. So I'm sad that I won't be able to go to this one, especially since this match got a rousing endorsement from an expert on English grappling:


In a related note, Regal is the man on Twitter. He's one of the most interactive wrestlers on there, along with Claudio Castagnoli and Sugar Dunkerton. Anyway, back to the point at hand, if you're free on the 30th, can be in the Reading area and are a wrestling fan, then Regal's endorsement should be more than enough impetus for you to go. Seriously, this is like hearing Mario Batali say that an Italian restaurant is must-eat-at, or Kirk Hammett give you the recommendation to listen to a guy shred on guitar.

Of course, that isn't enough. No, as you know, Chikarasaurus Rex weekend is two days long, and Sunday's card in Philly, a card I will be attending. Of course Chikara isn't content just to let Reading have all the awesome. Kidd and Saint will of course be sticking around the whole weekend, and just in case Saturday's card didn't feature an awesome enough match, well, they had to go and up the ante for Sunday, which for my sake, IS AWESOME FREAKING SAUCE:

Well-played.
Photo Credit: ChikaraPro.com

I was hoping for Colt Cabana to be involved in the proceedings for that weekend, and my prayers to the Wrestling Gods were answered. Quack being involved is just gravy. Seriously, there scant few wrestling matches that I look forward to watching with this much fervor. It's good that WWE is giving us one in Punk/Cena at Money in the Bank, but to have two in the same month? Especially one of this caliber? I'm in hog heaven right now.

All of this goes to reinforce how freaking epic Chikara is when it comes to running an extremely fun, supremely eminent wrestling promotion. You ask me why I act as their propaganda arm, and I will point to these matches, which are just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to their awesomeness, as incontrovertible proof. Chikara is wrestling, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment